Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance values

Hi John, Only just read yr email on values. The Amel agent in the UK, Martin Bandey, reckoned last September that we might get 280,000 pnds for Pen Azen ( SM 302, launched June 2000).
I would be happy to pay the extra premium if in fact she was worth much more! Did you get any more info on values? Who was the Mallorca agent?
Cheers, Ian Jenkins

From: "John and Anne on Bali Hai" <annejohn@melita.net>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Insurance values
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:43:22 -0000

Bali Hai, SM2000 NO 319 launched 2001/1 is currently insured for 265K
and the premium is due for renewal.
A broker friend working in Mallorca has told me that one a year younger
was put on the market in November last at 350K and is now under
contract so he imagines that it probably went for something close to
the asking price.
Has anyone any suggestions......premiums are high enough without being
boosted by overvaluing.

Regards, John Hollamby

Yahoo! Groups Links

Get Hotmail, News, Sport and Entertainment from MSN on your mobile. http://www.msn.txt4content.com/