Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans anchor winch

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hi Ian,

I use a Pela Pump.  I chose the 6 liter size.

Biggest benefit is that it sucks all the oil out of genset and engine as I leave it in the sump overnight.  Will suck out the oil from your Lofrans too. Works good to remove foam from the C drive oil tank when the seals are no longer ..new.

Also sucks water out of inaccessible places as the tubes are about 4 MM and can snake into some quite small spots.

GL

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, Amel Super Maramu 007

On 3 Jun 2016, at 12:32, ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alan,  Thanks. Trying to extract the old oil with a pump is an interesting game !

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen SM 302 Ithaca