Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New size for Bow Thruster seal

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Thanks a lot for this information.

On Jun 2, 2016 10:06 AM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Interesting change on the seal size for the bow thruster…

2 weeks ago, I received many spare parts from Amel (La Rochelle), as I was labelling them I noted that the seal on the tufnol shaft bow thruster was 29 x 42 x 8.

Thinking it was an error, I contacted Maud which just confirm that they have modified a little the diameters of the seal so that they are more water tight.
Before it was 30 x 42 x 8 now it is 29 x 42 x 8 she added you won’t be able to put them by hand, but will need to grease and use a tool “emporte piece” in french (I personally used PVC pipe).

Glad to see they keep improving their system: the seal, then previous as Bill mention the oil viscosity, etc.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico