Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] C Drive Photos

karkauai

Hi Craig, et al.
I think it's in the thread about my CDrive problems somewhere that this hole in the bottom of the "foot" was the result of the manufacturing process.  Olivier said to fill and seal it.
I don't know what it communicates with.

Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently Bonaire

On Jun 6, 2016, at 7:03 AM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,

Have sent the pics to your private email.

Btw, as I did this project I noticed there's a drain hole in the bottom of the lower C drive, similar to the hole in the bottom of the rudder, as that section below the propeller is simply a hollow fairing. One more interesting Amel design detail.  So if you get water weeping from the C drive after you haul, this is why. Worth cleaning up any fouling in the gap between the keel shoe plate and the bottom of the C drive.
Cheers,
Craig