From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 1:22 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mainsail outhaul gearbox

Mike,

it is the same drawing. I believe it is one I might have sent to Bill to
post.

Looks like you will need a new gearbox (ouch) from Amel.

I was fortunate to get the last two disassemble gearboxes in the USA from
Emmerson Electric.

Before you mount the new gearbox, I would suggest you drill and tap a 5 mm
hole on the port and starboard side of the gearbox. The autoprop grease
adapter will fit in these holes. Drill one high and the other low. I fill
through the lower drill hole and wait till clean grease comes out of the
upper drill hole. I then install a short nylon bolt. They come in bags of
50.

I have done this on both gearboxes, and the genoa furler.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376