From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 3:40 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mainsail outhaul gearbox

Hi Mike, I had the same problem. Heat from a gas torch works well, you and I both should have started there. I was hauled out at the marina in Colon and as preventative maintenance decided to replace the bearings before the big pacific crossing. When the shaft wouldn't move I asked the yard for a man with a gas torch. I got a big man with a big gear puller and a big hammer. Same result as you. Then they sent a man with a gas torch, came apart easily. I got a new top plate made at an engineering firm in Colon. When you are fixed and reassembling put lanacote on the shaft, works long term, much better than grease

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

_____