Re: bow thruster service. Problem

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Rossenio:

This link is to a photo of the tool that Amel makes to aid in separating the rusted spline from the motor.

It would be nice if it was posted in the Amel SM Bow Thruster Service photo file rather than under the boat name of the poster (hint , hint , see my recent post on this issue)

I am sure you can fabricate a similar device or purchase it from Amel.

Basically it clamps onto the bow thruster drive shaft housing tube then uses jack-screw bolts bearing on the bottom of the motor to separate the splined drive shaft from its seat in the motor.

Sincerely ,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000  #335