Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow thruster

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Just a thought. When sailing, do you secure the bowtruster with the stainless steel pin?

The times we have leakage is when we forget to secure it with the pin.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232
In Portimao, Portugal
------------------------------------
Facebook: Sailinglife.se
Twitter, Instagram: sailinglifese

Skickat från min iPad

8 juni 2016 kl. 05:20 skrev jvenegas@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Eric,

The leak is through the lip seal.  It is very clear every time the bow goes under water.  It is a recurrent and frustrating problem.

I will be around this weekend if the weather is not good.  Otherwise may be heading to Glaucester.  When are you coming up exactly?

Let me know and I would love to chat about your experience in Santa Marta.  We went by Santa Marta and Cartagena 3 years ago.  No bow thruster leak but only because I had clamped the extra seal.

Jose
Ipanema SM278
Boston