From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 10:17 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Marina Recommendations in NJ?

Hi Bill,

We sailed out of there for 20 years. A quick Google search will bring up several, like Liberty Landing, Liberty Harbor (cheaper), Newport Harbor, Lincoln Harbor, Port Imperial (a bit mafia but just fine) etc. For cheaper head up to our old club on City Island, the Harlem Yacht Club and go on a mooring for $25 a night (negotiable for longer stays) and an easy bus/train ride to NYC and NJ or take a slip at Huguenot YC.  Or, if you want more south in NJ try Lockwood Boat Works in South Amboy.  For much more detail and suggestions, check out Active Captain - a superb crowd sourced compendium. Even has great free anchorages.

Have fun,

Craig Briggs, SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <greatketch@...> wrote :

As we finish getting Harmonie made into our boat, we will be heading north before the end of the month.  I had been hoping to spend some time in the New Jersey area where I have family.  I expected a challenge finding a marina with available transient slips that had depth for our keel and bridge clearance for our mast, so far I haven't had any luck.

Anybody spend any time there and have a recommendation?

Bill Kinney
Harmonie, SM160
Port Canaveral, Florida.