Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Globe Run Dry Impellers

Alan Leslie

Hi Mark

The MARCH pump is a centrifugal pump used with air conditioners to pump the water around.
LC-2CP-MD Magnetic Drive Pump | March Pump | March Manufacturing Inc.

They come in a 230VAC version and quite a few Amel owners have mounted them in front of the ONAN and use them to pump the saltwater cooling instead of the dreaded impeller. You connect it to the AC output of the generator and saltwater in from the manifold and out to the heat exchanger.
I bought one some time ago and will eventually install it....makes sense for the Calpeda aircon pump we have too as it has no direct connection between motor ground and the saltwater thus isolating the bonding system from the AC ground.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437