Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Water Slapping Noise

Thomas Peacock <peacock@...>

Hi Pat,

That's a problem with most every reverse transom boat; there is a
product called Slap Silencer which claims to reduce the noise level;
it's a piece of canvas that you attach when you're in dock, and
remove when you sail. I have no personal experience with it, but
almost bought one for my previous boat, which was much noisier than a
SM.

Tom
Aletes SM#240

On Mar 4, 2007, at 8:46 PM, sailw32 wrote:

Has anyone found a satisfactory solution to the slapping noise created
when water hits the hull of the aft cabin. It can be quite noisy and I
am considering insulating the aft section inside the hull. Has anyone
insulated this section and did it have any effect on noise reduction?

Pat
Shenanigans
SM#123