Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Outhaul rope problem

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Paul,

The original Amel is Kevlar which is impossible to find. I bought a 10mm Kevlar from Amel Hyeres. About 110 euro. Amel La Rochelle supplies 12mm, but not Kevlar...something else. I think Hyeres has some old inventory.

BTW, you cannot cut the Kevlar core with a "hot rope cutter." You need a sharp knife.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jun 14, 2016 6:37 AM, "mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Paul;

We have had this issue sometimes after we remove and re-install our sails. For us, it has mainly been the line tension on the outhaul. Typically a minor adjustment in the outhaul ( slight tightening) has resolved the issue.

Mohammad and Aty
Amel 54
B&B Kokomo #099