Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow thruster

Jose Venegas

Good afternoon Alexander:

Yes I was told to add a third seal but that did not fix the problem.  I am uploading the pix of my Clamp system to the photos section.  Last Sunday we came back from Gloucester to Boston with 30-40 knots wind on the beam. I used the clamp and had virtually no water into the boat.   I also noticed that, as I was predicting, pulling the rod slightly back reduced the leak to a dribble, which confirmed my theory about the eccentricity of the rod relative to the seal.   I found a seal maker that is making one seal with a softer material and greater give so that the seal will not leak when the rod is of center.  I am hopeful it will work but not count on it given my previous experiences.
Anyway I will let you all know

Jose

Ipanema SM 278
Constitution Marina