GENSET ONAN CUMMINS cannot restart after fuel filter and oil change

Songhui Ma

Hello,

I have tried the following to no avail:

- prime up to 5 min

- unmount the new filter - no air;  full of diesel fuel

- open the pipes going to the injectors, then crank; no fuel appears [?!] but the injectors seem full of fuel

Oil and coolant are at appropriate level.

Fuel Pump. I checked and the pump is receiving 12V during priming.

However I am not hearing it but the fuel filter was fuller than when we mounted it, so I infer it is working.

The fuel tank level is above 250 liters, So it should not be the security that disconnect the genset and give priority to the main engine.

This genset is from 2012, has 720 hours and has been maintained.

The reference is 7MDKBL-5871F

Any idea or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Dominique Guenot

+1 917 826 0945

S/V Viva Currently in Hiva Oa, Marquesas, French Polynesia