Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Leroy Somers main outhaul gearbox

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mike

Do you want to post all of the details? Price? Part Number? Contact information?

I am sure there is more than one person interested.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jun 15, 2016 7:46 AM, "'Mike Ondra' mdondra@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric,

The vendor I have been using for seals and bearings is Motion Industries, national distributors of parts for machinery that moves. Distributors throughout the US. While they do channel Leroy Somers parts, our gearbox is not a stock item and they sourced it back as a special order to France. Hence the 14 week lead time. As a side note, they offer the service of rebuilding gearboxes, which would have been an option had I not destroyed the top plate.

I have not run across Spirit in the Upper Chesapeake. We have been on the Sassafras and now Rock Hall, MD for 10 years.

Regards,

Mike

ALETES SM#240

Rock Hall, MD