Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel surveyor- Florida /osmosis

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Calby,

I’ve not seen earlier posts from you.  SOOOO welcome here.  It is an amazing resource!

Just a friendly reminder, no one knows who you are etc.. also this is a closed forum and registry is mandatory before posting is enabled.

Typically, everyone signs their posts with….

Their name, boat name and hull type and number.  This helps the other members determine if they can help.

Fair winds,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 16 Jun 2016, at 07:47, 'calbyy@...' calbyy@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Just bought a Maramu nr 116 46' built 1982 ... boat had been afloat sin april 2014, moored idle since jan-2015. Fairly good condition on top, hull under covered in marine growth. Came our of water april 20, cleaned sanded showed numerous bubbles (1" dia average) which started bleeding. Measured humidity at 18% below water line 22% deeper down on hull, well above acceptable values. Surveyor confirmed heavy osmosis.
Kept boat on shore to dry until now june 2016, boat dried up (current values 15% humidity.
Results
1) amel boat are well built, humidity keeps on surface, does not creep under outside layers.
2) best way to reduce humidity is to keep boat in dry storage when not used for extended period.
3) osmosis on our boat was due to poor maintenance cheap (material work) antifouligs.
4) osmosis will not sink our boats.
Fair winds

Envoyé depuis Yahoo Mail pour Android