Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 2nd Main Anchor on bow

svperegrinus@yahoo.com

M2K No. 350 came from the Amel factory with two anchors in twin bow rollers with two 1200 watt windlasses.

The starboard anchor setup is the exact same as any other SM.  We have all chain.

The port anchor setup is a French anchor similar to a Danforth.  The windlass gypsy is horizontal and sits above deck and the motor sits below decks.  We have 10 meters of new chain and 90 of new rope that we replaced in 2012 because the old rope, even though it looked unused, was all stiff and the end was oxidised into the chain.

We have never deployed this second anchor.

Cheerio,

Peregrinus

At anchor, Beaulieu-sur-Mer