Re: Amel to the rescue

Derick Gates SM2K #400 Brava

Ben,

I am glad that you were able to find swift and competent care for what must be an excruciating injury.  Thank you for sharing this cautionary tale.  I will certainly take even more care when operating the engine room hatch.

One of my gas struts had been stepped on by an over-eager Yanmar technician and I had to replace it.  I found that after replacement of the strut that the hatch gave a much more controlled closure than before it got bent.  I think that these struts may need to be replaced on some regular schedule.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how long they should last?

Derick Gates
SM2K#400 Brava
Currently on the hard in Antigua for hurricane season.