Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] sewing machine attach point and more

Alexandre Uster von Baar

First, this is a follow up to Eric (SM2K #376 Kimberlite) on the question of “my” location of the sewing machine.
And how (based on “my” current experience), I decided to secure it.
In my humble experience, it started to slide when accidentally exceeding 35 degree heel.
I believe my new 1 inch (2.5 cm) Webbing will solve this issue.
(A second Webbing would not hurt… people can decide for themselves).
http://www.nikimat.com/sewing_machine.html

Since I was posting that information, I thought It might be usefull to post what “I” decided to do for the Forward Cabin, Pilot Berth and Aft Cabin.
Again, this is based on “my” personal experience, with “my” personal need, and in no way is a suggestion to what Amel owners should to.
If interested I will be glad to explain how some item can be relocated and where to make available the pilot berth, etc.

Please note that “all” heavy items are mainly hold/secure in place by the (forward cabin, pilot berth and aft cabin) Leeboards.
The 1” Webbing is used to hold in place additional light items such as cushion, luggages, etc.

My first concern was to not alter the look of my Amel.
For the forward cabin, I also had to take in consideration the Leeboard (which I always use, but not every one does).
http://www.nikimat.com/forward_cabin_attach_points.html

The Pilot Berth (easier since no Leeboard):
http://www.nikimat.com/pilot_berth_attach_points.html

The Aft Cabin (easier since no Leeboard as well):
http://www.nikimat.com/aft_cabin_attack_point.html

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico