Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Bow thruster (HAHA)

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Bill,

Check your bow thruster propeller. A blade may be cracked. It may have barnacles. It may have line entangled...even monofilament.

It will sound different between Port and Starboard thrusts.

Bill

BeBe 387
Grenada

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 1:08 AM, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hey everyone -

This is not the standard bow thruster question on the forum...

My bow thruster is working just fine however, I noticed today that while using port bursts it sounds a bit louder than it usually does. Starboard bursts sound as they always do. Performance is the same. There seems to be a bit more vibration during the port burst but not the starboard bursts. I have not had a chance to look at it yet, will do tomorrow just wondering if anyone had the same experience/solution. Maybe the propeller needs replacing?

P.S. I saw Ipanema sail past me in Boston Harbor today and she looked fantastic!!!

Thanks,

Bill Maffei

SM #195

It's all Good