Re: Marinas in Spain

robincooter <robincooter@...>

Hi,

Marinas in Spain now tend either to be expensive, and full, or if a
reasonable price then just full. Two you could try are Almerimar and
Aguadulce, both are at the bottom end of the price range. Almerimar is
big but Aguadulce is better sheltered (ignore the pilot book - the writer
must never have been there and much of the information is inaccurate!)
Both not far from Almeria, which has good transport links as well
as "cheap" flights to the rest of Europe.

Good hunting,

Robin Cooter
Santorin 004, Belouga.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "coatsken" <goldendaze@...>
wrote:

We are making our first crossing May 1 in our 1985 Maramu. We hope to
end up in Spain sometime in Aug. after a while in the Azores. We
would appreciate any info on marinas for next winter. Not too
expensive where we can leave the boat safely while we travel inland.
Can anyone help us out?
Also if anyone with Med. experience would like to give us any helpful
information we would like to set up direct email so we can ask a lot
of questions.
We just retired, so will spend as long as we like the sailing and
traveling there. All the way to Turkey.
Thanks,
Ken & Judy
Golden Daze