Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Dodger glass thickness

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

When I asked Amel they told me it was not Lexan because Lexan scratched easier than Plexiglass. Are you sure that Amel said, "Lexan?"

Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 7:13 PM, eamonn.washington@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi

it is nominally 10mm thick, but actually 9.5mm when I measured.  It is made from "Lexan", a polycarbonate.

I asked Amel if they still sold windows, but they said no.  I am looking at making new windows myself.  (I will have enough Lexan to make at least a second set.)

Regards
Eamonn

SM #151 Travel Bug, currently on the hard in Cleopatra Marina, Greece