Santorin Bow Thruster Amperage Draw

Craig Briggs

Can any Santorin owners give me a bench mark for how many amps their bow thruster draws?

Mine is showing 245 Amps after about 3 or 4 seconds of operation and stays constant with continued operation.

This is with about 1500 rpm on the engine, generating about 35 amps before engaging the bow thruster (it is the original 70 amp Perkins alternator). The system voltage drops to 9 volts during this.

The bow thruster does work perfectly through all this - I am just suspicious about the old wires/cables losing ampacity after some 24 years and one nearby lightning hit. On the other hand, this may be perfectly normal.

I'd appreciate hearing if this is normal for the Santorin.

Thanks,

Craig Briggs, SN#68, Sangaris