24V Watermaker

rossirossix4

Wondering if anyone has added 24V water making capacity to their Amel.  We have the 220V 160 Dessalator and it works great but would like to have the option to make water with 24 V.  There is a kit for converting to the Duo Dessalator but I am hearing that it has problems..

Seems that you could add a 24V high pressure pump and feed pump and use the existing membrane and even the constriction control that controls seawater pressure to the membrane.  There is also the possibility of a stand alone system that only shares the pre-filters.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has had any success with this.  It would be great to be able to make water while motoring or with solar.

Bob

KAIMI SM 429