Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: bow thruster service. Problem

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

The foam seals on the SM are placed 2 outside and one inside. The outside foam helps seal water when the bow thruster is retracted. The inside seal helps seal water when the bow thruster us in use. The primary seal is the lip seal on the tube.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jun 22, 2016 4:09 PM, "rossienio@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The shaft of the Santorin BT has a diameter of 59-60mm, as I believe that of the SM, then the foam seals are the same?  Then why it says here (3D Bow thruster) that it should be put on the SM 3 outside? Excuse me, but I want to avoid any leakage of water, and I am not at all experienced. regards. enio