Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Anchor Wash Pump

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hi Kent,

We have the duo 100 and it is fine. Having lived in Aruba for some years, I agree with the dust comment. However, come December you should get plenty of fresh water. Where are you?

JPG
Eleuthera SM 007

On 23 Jun 2016, at 14:57, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi JP.  I would like to have that setup, but I have two issues:

On Kristy (SM243) the anchor wash pump is supplied with SW from a thru-hull inboard of the forward head (in the "hallway" between the head and hanging locker).  That would mean running a new hose from the FW tank through the bulkhead.

If that's not daunting enough, I have the 60 l/h watermaker, so I don't have enough capacity to justify washing the boat and chain with FW.

Too bad, here in the ABCs...there is constant accumulation of dust from the dry islands and has been a plume of dust from the Sahara adding to the problem since I arrived.  It has only sprinkled a few times in a month which turns the dust to mud.  I've been washing down w SW every few days to keep the cockpit and down below as dirt free as possible.  Even if I had the FW wash down I don't think I'd like to make water in the bay as there are no pump out facilities and I regularly smell black water being dumped.

If my Watermaker dies I will seriously consider replacing it with the duo.
Kent

On Jun 23, 2016, at 7:53 AM, Jean-Pierre Germain jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We improved Eleuthera by removing the SW pump and connecting directly to the FW network. But... you need a good water maker.

JPG
Eleuthera, SM 007