Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: bow thruster service. Problem

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Jim,

I am trying to imagine what could have caused that. I have an idea, actually two. Both involve the anti-torque boot that is above the propeller.

1.) If the bow thruster tube was not totally vertical, I would imagine that the anti-torque boot that is above the propeller could possibly jam in the bow thruster cavity because it is a close fit.

2.) There may have been barnacles or other shell sea life in that cavity near the internal waterline. Since there is a close fit of the anti-torque boot, I am guessing that could also cause a jam.

I can't wait to hear what it was.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jun 24, 2016 1:01 PM, "capt.anderson@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent & the Group, Yes, the shaft was clear of the motor by at least 10". It jammed with about 4" of shaft remaining above the seal. I will report more when I re-install tomorrow, which I will do with my diver present, just in case.
Jim
SM384 Sirena Azul
Seattle