Re: Marinas in Spain

Jose_Luis Isasi <jose.luis.isasi@...>

Hi,

I am current moderator of the group and I have my boat at Spanish Med
(22 miles north of America┬┤s cup challenging field).

I know also Almerimar and it is ok as it has been said. However there
are plenty of places where you can leave your boat, It depends on
what services you will need and on which part you will finish your
trip.

Lagos in Portugal is also beautiful.

I can also say that Melilla (African coast but spanish territory) is
cheaper than the Spanish peninsula.

If you are interested in the Almeria Bay area, apart from Almerimar
you have Roquetas, Aguadulce, Almeria...

If you plan to double Gata Cape and move north up the Spanish
peninsula there are also multiple options, including Balearic
Islands. If you plan to visit them in your trip to Turkey. I suggest
you to visit also Corsica, Cercenya, Sicilia, etc.

Let me know what you need, I will try to help you from Madrid.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "coatsken" <goldendaze@...>
wrote:

We are making our first crossing May 1 in our 1985 Maramu. We hope
end up in Spain sometime in Aug. after a while in the Azores. We
would appreciate any info on marinas for next winter. Not too
expensive where we can leave the boat safely while we travel
inland.
Can anyone help us out?
Also if anyone with Med. experience would like to give us any
helpful
information we would like to set up direct email so we can ask a lot
of questions.
We just retired, so will spend as long as we like the sailing and
traveling there. All the way to Turkey.
Thanks,
Ken & Judy
Golden Daze