From: peacock@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Sat, Jun 25, 2016 8:53 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lightning Strike Chesapeake

Hi Pat,
Have noted with sadness your lightning woes.  I can’t believe you’ve never had to file a claim for anything at your ripe age; you are one lucky guy.
That said, I agree with Alexandre that you should not rely on you insurance carrier to do the right thing; they may, or they may not. Remember, they are in the business of making money by protecting people, but they are nevertheless in the business of making money first.
One bit of info that may help: the new B&G instruments use a depth/speed/temperature sensor that fits perfectly into your current through-hull. Other manufacturers may fit, but they could not tell me for sure.
Would be happy to show your our current electric/electronic setup whenever.

Tom Peacock
Aletes SM#240
Rock Hall  MD