Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Diesel fuel problems and additives

Mohammad Shirloo

Thanks every one for the replies. We do have dual racors and the fuel polishing system and pre filtering before it goes in to the tank all sound like good ideas.

Is any one aware of any negative effects of the additives? Also how do you find out the sulfur content of the fuel you are purchasing?

On a slightly different point, I purchased 12 extra rancor filters and later found out that my supplier sent me 2 micron instead of the 30 micron recommended by AMEL. In reviewing the specs of the 2 micron filter it sounds like it can handle the flow. Has any one used the finer filters ?

Mohammad and Aty
B&B KOKOMO