Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Diesel fuel problems and additives

karkauai

Masha Danki, Craig, I had just finished looking it up.
Bon dia to Catherine.
Kent

On Jun 28, 2016, at 11:21 PM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent, Alexandre et al,

Valve Lash is just another term for Valve Clearance. That is the distance from the Valve tip to the rocker. Google it for some good You-Tubeson how to adjust.. An easy and fun DIY project for a day in the engine room.
Cheers,
Craig, SN#68

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

I don’t know what the Valve Lash is either, but it was in my Onan owner manual and I had it check (by Onan) last year (as well as the bearings).

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Diesel fuel problems and additives
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 10:08 PM
Am I the only one here who's never
heard of a valve lash?  What the heck is it?  Where is it?
How is it adjusted?ThanksKent

On Jun 28,
2016, at 4:38 PM, Dave Wallace svairops@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Bill, great question and I think the answer is
“never” since the engine was rebuilt in 2010.  I’ll
 put it on the top of my list. The staining isn’t very
bad, but still annoying.  Thanks!
Dave Wallaces/v Air
OpsMaramu #104Sea of
Cortez
On Jun 28, 2016,
at 1:28 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Dave,This is not a smart-ass
answer/remark.When is the last time that the valve lash was adjusted
on your engine and/or generator?  If the valve lash is not
adjusted correctly, you will get a lot of exhaust staining
on the hull.Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my ta