Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] A RIB Dinghy Question...

Stephen Davis

Hi Bill,

I don't think you are going to find a RIB of suitable size that will fit in the aft locker. We have an AB 9.5 aluminum which we are quite fond of. It is under 100#, which makes it fairly easy for the two of us to get it stowed on deck. We stow it fore and aft and deflated on the aft deck for long passages. Just Island hopping in the Caribbean it is normally upside down forward of the mast, and stays inflated. The Highfield aluminum 9.5 is another good choice, but is not quite as dry of a boat as the AB.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Grenada for the summer

On Jun 29, 2016, at 10:55, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I suspect I know the answer to this already, but it's worth asking the group...

Has anybody found a rigid hull inflatable dinghy that when deflated/disassembled fits a Super Maramu's aft deck locker?

Bill Kinney
SM160 Harmonie
Highlands, NJ