Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow thruster shaft removal

Stephen Davis

Glad to hear it all worked out.

Steve

On Jul 1, 2016, at 17:23, francesringley@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Steve, Bill, Mark and James (did I miss anyone? !).

Last night we doused the underside of the collar and bolt holes with PB Blaster and WD40. This morning the marina machine shop fixed the the tool ($45). So we used the tools and occasional rubber hammer banging and pulling from below. Took about 2 hours this morning in addition to 5 hours yesterday. Then it popped our . Fortunately no water was in the oil. We cleaned and sanded the top of the shaft and the inside of the collar. Then put tons of grease on both. It's back in and between the travelift and the dock, it had quite a workout. The river was running swiftly.

Thanks once again for all your sage advice. Needless to say, I never want to go through that again. Service every 2 years on my watch.

Also thanks Steve fir the recommendation of St. Augustine Marine Center. They were great.

Ian Townsend
Loca Lola II
SM153