Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Gaz electronic shut off

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Barry,

Please allow me to help, somewhat.

The electromagnet in the valve will work with the wires reversed. When electromagnetic solenoids are engaged (energized), they will get hot. The cooking gas solenoid is a "normally closed" 24VDC solenoid valve.

A 12VDC valve is the most common valve available and if you installed a 12VDC rather than a 24VDC valve the heat you notice is the electromagnet slowly burning up.

"Hot" is a relative term. How hot is hot?

Questions like yours are better answered with more information. If I were you, I would buy a less than $50 hand-held laser thermometer. You will have more uses for it than I can list. Turn on the valve for 5 minutes and measure the temperature. Then come back here and post your question with the additional information. Either I or someone else will take our laser thermometer, check our valve and get back with a comparison.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your 54.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jul 2, 2016 6:09 AM, "Barry Connor connor_barry@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I replaced my gas valve and solonoid as the original was getting very hot when turned on.
The new replacement seems to also get hot.
Can anyone advise regarding this?
Have I mixed the 24v wires?

Regards

Barry and Penny Connor