Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Gaz electronic shut off

Barry Connor

Hi Bill,
We are the third owner bought May 2015.
First - Peter and Nicole Mills bought Jan 2006 name "Top Gun"
Second - Pierre Brenet bought Aug 2007 name "Diablo Citron II"
We think we have a reasonable history of the boat. Anything that anyone can give is appreciated. We know the boat sailed to US in 2006 after delivery, then back to France in 2007 by new owner. Then sailing along French Med and around Corsica. This is what the original chart plotter shows.

Best Regards

Barry and Penelope Connor
"Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54   #17
Sailing French Med.

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 8:06 AM, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Barry,
What was the previous name of your boat?
Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail
On Jul 2, 2016 7:57 AM, "Barry Connor connor_barry@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill and Steve,
Thank's for that I will invest in one of those laser thermometers. The replaced unit did get too hot to touch. This new replacement is now not left on,
I did buy the original 24v replacement. In the meantime I will continue to turn on at the bottle and switch and not leave on after use.
You have for now put my mind at rest. We have now started sailing, just left Marseille after spending 12 months checking and fixing things after buying last May 2015.

Best Regards
Barry and Penny Connor
"Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54   #17
Sailing French Med.

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 7:42 AM, "Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

All gas solenoids get very hot when they have been on for a while. After a few minutes of being on, you cant touch it. If I remember correctly, it does not matter which way the wires are connected for a solenoid.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Grenada

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 6:09 AM, Barry Connor connor_barry@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I replaced my gas valve and solonoid as the original was getting very hot when turned on.
The new replacement seems to also get hot.
Can anyone advise regarding this?
Have I mixed the 24v wires?

Regards

Barry and Penny Connor