Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] House Battery Replacement

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>

Thanks for the tip on that - good point. $1,200 for 13 batteries seems really cheap. Even online, Lifelines would be almost $4,000. What brand did you go with?
When you say nearly explode, what happened?

s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044

On Sunday, July 3, 2016 2:09 PM, "Barry Connor connor_barry@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Hi Jamie,
I just had a similar decision to make. I was advised by Olivier to stay with the factory original and just put the lead acid batteries in.
(He said if one goes bad you can replace it anywhere in the World that you might be sailing.)
I did that and am prepared to change them in about 3 years. Total price for 13 x 105 amp was about 800 Pounds Sterling. US$1,200.
Shortly after buying May 3015 I nearly had the old ones explode.
Best Regards

Barry and Penny Connor
"Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54.  #17
Sailing French Med.

On Jul 3, 2016, at 7:56 PM, James Wendell ms42phantom54@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

After I lost all my existing house batteries (Intimidators) in an explosion, I am working on getting new batteries installed. I was thinking of possibly getting the Firefly Carbon AGM batteries instead of standard Lifeline AGMs. I have read Nigel Calder's reports and all seems positive.
Has anyone used them or heard anything good or bad?
Thanks,
Jamie

s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044