mast pole for genoa

c.macdonald@...

Hello Amel Friends,
I inquired whether it would be feasible to install a mast pole for the genoa on my Maramu. I was told by the "Secteur Blanc" people (they  do the rigging for the Chantiers Amel at La Rochelle)  that the mast on the Amel  boats could not sustain enough lateral push to be so equipped. I did see a Maramu with a mast pole though. I wish I could avoid the complicated, cumbersome and heavy poles the Maramu comes with. I used them once or twice but find them almost impossible to rig when sailing solo. Also I got injured  when doing it last time.
Any good advice?
Charles
 Inuit (Maramu 253)