I used to have Pantaenius through Scott, but switched to Falvey when I purchased my Amel last year. I have yet to see how they will respond to my explosion issues. Hopefully today they will give me authorization to proceed. This is my first claim ever.

Look forward to see you if you are in the yard. I am still on the hard unfortunately as I wait for the repairs to begin and get my new engine running - still waiting for Volvo parts and the exhaust hookup. I keep pushing, but it is really frustrating getting the local contractors moving.

s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044

On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:18 AM, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]"

James, Thanks for getting back to me regarding Patrick. I was surprised yesterday morning when a Electrical engineer , a surveyor , and Patrick all showed up at my house to look at my boat .  I had only had one brief conversation with Patrick , I was surprised Pantaenius included him in the process ,surprised they sent so many qualified men to survey the damage . Patrick seemed to very knowledgable , and I will have him do the repairs . I will take my boat to Bert Jabin's in Annapolis  where your boat is , so may see you there . I will say , so far I have been pleased with Pantaenius's response and my broker, Scott Stusek has been helpful resolving issues.
Thanks Again,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: James Wendell ms42phantom54@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Tue, Jul 5, 2016 9:25 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] House Battery Replacement

It is true that Patrick is handling the replacement work for my battery explosion issue. I cannot say whether he understands the Amel systems directly, but I do trust his expertise on electrical systems and instruments in general. I do remember discussing the Amel isolated ground philosophy. He is a strong proponent of a common AC/DC ground, which I think is a bit different.

His knowledge of DC distribution systems is quite good, as is his understanding of the instruments. He is going to do a complete systems checkout once the new batteries are in and running. I will try to work with him as much as possible.

s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044

On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 8:39 AM, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jamie, I have spoke with Patrick at Marine Electric Systems about replacing  damaged equipment resulting from lightning . From what he said ,I believe he is doing the work on your boat . Could you tell me if you feel he has a good understanding of the Amel electrical system .

Thanks,
Pat