Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] mast pole for genoa

c.macdonald@...

Kent, yes. Thinking over what Bill said, it occurred to me that in Amel's theory the use of both poles together would nullify each other's push. Makes sense. It has been stated repeatedly on this forum that one is better of when not meddling with or contradicting any of old Amel's instructions. When in Rome... So I will explore two possibilities: using the main boom as a pole for the genoa (very optional and in moderate wind force) and/or installing a running backstay so as to add strenght on the wind side of the mast. Or just using both poles as they are, and getting used to rig them correctly and easily.
Charles