Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Fuel Polishing system

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Much appreciated Ian
I will take your advice on that.think I recently saw an article where the one sold my West Marine came out better than the Baja.That is possibly the one you are referring to.
Colin Streeter
Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332
Brisbane

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Colin,

                    I suggest that instead of a Baja filter you look out for one of the newer ( 8 years old) filters that consist of a black plastic , flat bottomed funnel with a vertical filter tube in the centre. We used one in South America to great effect. I have seen comparison tests with the Baja and the Baja came a poor second, as well as needing a lot of cleaning each time you use it.

 I don't have the name of the black filter but it is widely available in chandlers ( I think it is made in Canada)

 I have demonstrated it to friends by filling it with water--not a drop goes through the filter.  It certainly saved us on several occasions--once, 15% of the "diesel" we bought was water and crud.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Preveza