Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 24 volt alternator make/model

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

I had exactly same symptoms on my boat.  It turned out to be a bad connection on the 24 volt alternator.  One of the small "field" wires had corroded and was no longer making contact.   Check all these connection closely -- up close with a light.  They are sometimes difficult to see.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Jul 15, 2016, at 1:48 AM, Niels Hauerslev niels.hauerslev@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi, as a new owner, I am having trouble with the 24 Volt alternator not charging.
The red lamp on 24 Volt panel does not light up at any time, showing fault, so tried to hook up a 24 Volt G4 bulb to the "red light" wires, just to check if the lamp was OK, but still no light comes on...
Does anyone know the make/model of the 24 Volt alternator, sitting on the Yanmar 4JH on a SM2000?? I think I will get a new one, and get the old one repaired for spare. The sticker on the alternator is gone.
Thanks a billion!
Niels
Bigouz SM2000 #351