Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 24 volt alternator make/model

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Niels,

That is NOT Leese Neville and based on your hull number I am 99.9% sure that it is not original equipment.

I am not sure what to tell you, but if I were you I would ask the previous owner what happened.

Since it is not original equipment, I am betting the relay is no longer there and the red light is non-functional...all of those were part of the original Amel setup.

I hope that an isolated ground alternator was installed in place of the original. You need to know if it is or not.

Where are you located?

Bill
BeBe 387

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 6:09 PM, niels.hauerslev@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks to you all, I have been working at it today;

I checked the voltage at the alternator, while engine is on, and it shows the same voltage (25,5) as my battery bank...so no charge coming from the alternator...
Will check again the connections on the alternator, and on the relay mounted on the main engine.
Tried 2500 RPM also, and did not get it alive.
Still no light in the red bulb, on the 24 V panel.
Will update once I get it to work.
Not sure if my alternator is the Leece Neville, looks nothing like the pictures on the website.
I got a picture of my alternator and put it on dropbox;

Cheers,
Niels