Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Head sail furling

Bill Kinney <greatketch@...>

“Foil wobbles while rolling in…” Is the tension on your headstay high enough?  Furling while the headstay has a larger than normal sag to leeward will heavily load up the mechanism and could be contributing to issues.

Bill Kinney
SM #160, Harmonie
Highlands, NJ
“Ships and men rot in port."

On Jul 17, 2016, at 10:42, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Okay, so I looked at it further and it looks like it is working. It is wobbly as all hell but the bolts have not sheared off. The furling motor is fine. The rivets do look a little loose but I am at a loss as to why it would just completely unfurl while the pin was engaged yesterday and now it works "okay". Some work definitely needs to be done but I am not sure. The head sail is tight but the foil wobbles when rolling in under power. Thoughts?

Bill Maffei
SM #195
It's all Good