Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Head sail furling

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Gearbox needs disassembly, inspection and probable overhaul.

And Genoa halyard may not be tight enough and/or forestay may not be tight enough.

Bill
BeBe

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 2:42 PM, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Okay, so I looked at it further and it looks like it is working. It is wobbly as all hell but the bolts have not sheared off. The furling motor is fine. The rivets do look a little loose but I am at a loss as to why it would just completely unfurl while the pin was engaged yesterday and now it works "okay". Some work definitely needs to be done but I am not sure. The head sail is tight but the foil wobbles when rolling in under power. Thoughts?

Bill Maffei
SM #195
It's all Good