Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Yanmar 24 volt alternator make/model

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

I'm not sure of my capacity but much less than 174 Amp.  I'm guessing maybe 50

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Jul 17, 2016, at 1:10 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Yes, Ben. I have been emailing Neils directly with photos, but determined that it is an Amel installed standard 24VDC house battery alternator. Every SM 24VDC alternator I have seen has the optional 175 amp Leece Neville Alternator.

Regardless the relay is the same.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Neils
I looked closely at picture you posted .  I have exactly same alternator.  No manufacturers' name is on  it.  just CE Label.  Check closely those small wire connections .

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Jul 16, 2016, at 3:26 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Neils,

yes the relay is related to the red lamp
maybe you have a faulty relay (unlikely), but its more likely to be the alternator itself and/or the alternator regulator.
I don't recognise that alternator, maybe someone else with a similar vintage boat can help.
Otherwise you need at least an auto-electrician, but preferably a marine electrician that understands  the Amel isolated ground system, to investigate it.
Good luck
Alan
Elyse SM437