Re: Yanmar 24 volt alternator make/model

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Am I missing something here?  On my SM (Hull #335) the red lamp in the lower right hand corner of the 24 VDC panel  illuminates red when alternator output voltage is less than battery voltage and extinguishes when adequate RPM is generated to raise the voltage to a battery charging voltage.  I believe it is a voltage base warning lamp and not a current based lamp but I haven't studied it in detail.  In all that has been written I haven't seen anybody suggest some basic trouble shooting like checking for voltage on the field wire, (forgive me if I am wrong since this is such a lengthy thread).  I'll have to do a little research on the involved circuits to verify.

All the best,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 Hull # 335