Re: Original instruments

Derick Gates SM2K #400 Brava

SM#400 is equipped with all Raymarine electronics except for the AIS (Watchmate), SSB (M802) and Pactor IV Dragon modem, and the satellite phone (FBB250).  This includes 2 autopilots, GPS, 2 chartplotters, a 203e VHF with two handsets, radar, and compass.  So far, in three years of ownership, I have only had to replace the spiral cords to the VHF microphones, and take the VHF to the Manchester NH Raytheon site to have the new MMSI number programmed in (at which point the Raytheon technician updated the VHF programming to include both European and US situations).  I have found that the Raytheon systems seem to be very well integrated, although I do not have a lot of expertise in this area.  They certainly have been trouble-free.

Derick Gates
SM2K#400 Brava
Currently on the hard in Antigua