Rudder leaky

sy.stenella@...

Brause I am with my IPhone only, I Goulds mit durch for former discussions. Hope, you can help The rudder trunk of my SM#34 is somewhat leaky (1-2 Ltr. by day, more under sail). The big 70mm. PU- Mother, who acts as a kind of packing, I will tight a little denser. Two questions on this: how much do I have to tighten the nut and in which direction? I think right side. is that correct?
How I notice when the mother is in the end? Stenella is 26 years old and to this screw I've never turned.
If the screw needs to be replaced, is it possible in the water, or needs the ship to be dug?

Sincerly, Martin, SV Stenella, in time @ Mediterranian Sea, Croatia.