Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] year round Caribbean marinas recommendations needed

Aldo Roldan

Does anyone have recommendations of where in the Caribbean to keep our SM year round? We will check out Martinique.

Thank you kindly,
Aldo Roldan
Moonshot SM
Princeton, NJ

On Jul 10, 2016, at 2:50 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Has anyone a clever idea about how to tweak the leech line tension while underway?

On the battenless roller furling sail the adjustment of the tension in the leech line seems much more of an issue than on a battened sail, yet reaching the clew of the mainsail borders on treacherous when the wind picks up and we're sailing close hauled.

On my old boat the i lead the leech line over a small cheek block at the head of the sail, and down the luff so I could adjust it at the mast.  Clever, but obviously not an option for a roller furled sail.

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Highlands, NJ