Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] year round Caribbean marinas recommendations needed

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

In my opinion, Le Marin Martinique is the best place in the Caribbean to have a year round slip...the cost including electricity will be around 500 euros/month. On a month to month basis it is 575 euros including electricity. BTW, if you live aboard in Grenada you will pay close to $900USD per month just for electricity because the cost is about $0.65/KwH.

Le Marin will be lonely during Hurricane Season and there is a risk of a hurricane there.

Crews Inn in Trinidad has low cost electricity at about $0.13 USD/KwH.

Since electricity is a major expense for AC in the Caribbean, be sure to check the price.

Bill
BeBe 387, but not for long
Trinidad

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Aldo Roldan aroldan1796@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations of where in the Caribbean to keep our SM year round? We will check out Martinique.

Thank you kindly,
Aldo Roldan
Moonshot SM
Princeton, NJ

On Jul 10, 2016, at 2:50 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Has anyone a clever idea about how to tweak the leech line tension while underway?

On the battenless roller furling sail the adjustment of the tension in the leech line seems much more of an issue than on a battened sail, yet reaching the clew of the mainsail borders on treacherous when the wind picks up and we're sailing close hauled.

On my old boat the i lead the leech line over a small cheek block at the head of the sail, and down the luff so I could adjust it at the mast.  Clever, but obviously not an option for a roller furled sail.

Bill Kinney
SM#160 Harmonie
Highlands, NJ